Starbucks handcrafts every beverage to fit customer needs. Here are some barista tips to lighten up Starbucks beverages:
Frappuccino® Blended Beverage
- Swap out the milk for nonfat milk or a non-dairy alternative such as soymilk, coconutmilk, almondmilk or oatmilk.
- Ask for fewer pumps of syrup or select sugar-free Vanilla syrup.
- Ask for less whip or no whip to save anywhere from 80-110 calories depending on the size and type of drink.
- Request nonfat milk or a non-dairy alternative such as soymilk, coconutmilk, almondmilk or oatmilk.
- Try a sweetener substitute such as SPLENDA® or Stevia.
- Try a cold foam with sugar-free vanilla syrup.
- Choose from milk alternatives such as soymilk, coconutmilk, almondmilk and oatmilk.
- Select vanilla, caramel or hazelnut syrup, which do not contain animal-derived ingredients.
- Hold the following ingredients, which contain dairy: Pumpkin Spice Sauce (seasonal), White Mocha Sauce, Caramel Sauce, Caramel Brulée Sauce (seasonal), whipped cream and Java Chips (Pro tip: Caramel Sauce is different from Caramel Syrup).
Starbucks® Iced Coffee & Tea
- Quick, easy, and refreshing.
- Try a sweetener substitute: request or Splenda® or Stevia.
Barista Pick: Tall (12 fl. oz.) Iced Chocolate Almondmilk Shaken Espresso
Starbucks® Blonde espresso meets cocoa and notes of malt, shaken together and topped with almondmilk and ice for an invigorating and light treat to power you through your day. Bonus: 80 calories and dairy-free!