The holiday season at Starbucks is a time to celebrate with traditions rooted in more than four decades for coffee passion. For customers who'd like to lighten up their favorite Starbucks holiday coffee beverages, here are suggestions from Starbucks baristas.
Skinny Chestnut Praline Latte
Inspired by the time-honored tradition of warm roasted chestnut, Chestnut Praline Latte is a combination of an espresso and flavors of caramelized chestnuts, with freshly steamed nonfat milk and topped with spiced praline crumbs. Chestnut Praline Latte is just 160 calories for a Tall (12 fl. oz.) beverage without whipped cream. Either way, the bow on top is 9 grams of protein.
Skinny Peppermint Mocha
Fans of this Starbucks classic seasonal beverage may enjoy a lighter interpretation of their favorite holiday treat. The beverage can be prepared with sugar-free peppermint syrup, nonfat milk and skinny mocha sauce and chocolate curls without whipped cream. A Skinny Peppermint Mocha is just 100 calories for a Tall beverage.
Skinny Caramel Brulée Latte
Celebrate the season with this holiday showstopper featuring espresso, nonfat milk and caramel brulée sauce, topped with bits of crunchy caramel. Caramel Brulée Latte is 240 calories for a Tall beverage without whipped cream.
Have Yourself a Skinny Little Latte
Smoothly steamed nonfat milk meets rich espresso and is topped off with a layer of foam. A Tall Skinny Latte also meets 30 percent of daily calcium needs.
Customization Tips to Lighten Up any Beverage
- Request nonfat milk, while 2 percent milk is standard, beverages can be made with nonfat milk. Dairy-free options (coconut milk and soy milk options) are also available.
- Select a sugar-free syrup for great flavor without added calories or sugar.
- Ask for less syrup or fewer pumps to reduce the sweetness and calories in any beverage.
- Ask for just a little whip or no whip to save between 80 and 110 calories, depending on the size and type of drink.
- Choose the size that best supports personal wellness goals; even the short option squeezes plenty of festive cheer into a Short (8 fl. oz.) cup.