Easter egg decorating can be fun for the family and eco-friendly with tea-dyed eggs that take on the colors of nature.
Teavana's Heaven of Tea Blog adds a bold yet lighthearted twist to the tradition, inspired by a collection of Spring teas including: Jeju Island Green Tea, Marshmallow Macaron Herbal Tea and Grape Wulong Oolong Tea.
Gather up hard-boiled eggs, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, a variety of Teavana® teas and follow these simple steps:
1. Heat water to 208° F.
2. Pour 8 oz of water into a 16 oz PerfecTea Maker.
3. Add tea of your choice. Use 3-4 teaspoons for green and black teas and 5-6 teaspoons for all other teas.
4. Steep tea for 5 minutes.
5. Combine brewed tea and a tablespoon of vinegar into a cup or container.
6. Fully submerge the hard-boiled egg in the tea dye.
7. Cover cup or container.
8. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until eggs are dyed to your liking.
For more inspiration from Teavana's Elements of Spring page on Pinterest.