Nothing says love on Father’s Day like a handmade gift. Paige Dell'Armi, who works on Starbucks digital marketing team, shares an easy craft for dads using vintage-inspired mason jars, repurposed materials, and Starbucks® coffee.
“I wanted to create a fun Father’s Day gift for Dads who love coffee,” Dell’Armi said. "Blue mason jars – which were popular a century ago – are back and can now be easily found at craft retailers, grocery stores, and even hardware stores.”
- Small Starbucks® to-go bag
- Whole-bean or ground Starbucks® coffee (scoop 2 cups coffee per pint)
- Starbucks Card
- Mason jar (pint-size jar shown)
- 1 yard twine or narrow ribbon
- Glue or double-stick tape
Scissors, hole punch, permanent marker, pencil
- Using the scissors, remove one shopping bag handle, set aside.
- Make two circle cutouts from the shopping bag, tracing first around the mason jar lid in pencil.
- Use first circle cutout to create label on top of jar, decorate with marker, affix using glue or double-stick tape. Use second circle for gift tag.
- Scoop coffee into mason jar and screw on lid (2 cups per pint).
- Punch single hole in top left corner of Starbucks Card, and top-middle section of gift tag.
- Wrap handle from shopping bag around neck of mason jar and tie. Secure Starbucks Card and gift tag with twine.
Whole bean (unground) coffee will stay fresh in a mason jar or other sealed container up to 7 days. Ground coffee should be enjoyed within 24 hours.