Starbucks Baristas Share Their Tips: Customized beverages, made especially for you.
At Starbucks, we handcraft every beverage to fit your needs, with a level of personalization that creates the perfect beverage every time. Now, Starbucks baristas want to share some of their tips for how to customize and “lighten up” some of our customer favorites! And always remember, for those times when you are not sure what to order, just ask your barista!
Frappuccino® blended beverage: Lighten the icy-cold coffee favorite
· Request nonfat milk
· Choose the ‘light’ option for at least 33 percent fewer calories
· Select a sugar-free syrup for great flavor without added calories or sugar
· Ask for less whip or no whip to save anywhere from 80-110 calories depending on the size and type of drink
Smoothly steamed non-fat milk meets rich espresso and is topped off with a creamy layer of foam and any sugar-free syrup. A Tall (12. fl. oz.) Skinny Latte also meets 30% of your daily calcium needs.
· Choose a size that matches your calorie budget; remember the short size option (8 fl. oz)
· Ask for fewer or no pumps of classic syrup, which maintains the great flavor with fewer calories
· Pick your espresso intensity by adding an extra shot or try decaf
· Choose your milk: 2% milk is standard but nonfat, whole and soy can be requested
Barista Pick: Tall (12 fl. oz.) Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte
Sweet and buttery sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup, nonfat steamed milk and a foam topping lightly sprinkled with cinnamon for a 100-calorie beverage that may be one of Starbucks best kept skinny-secrets. Bonus: 9g protein!
Starbucks® Iced Coffee & Tea
Quick, easy, and on the rocks!
· Ask for it unsweetened: hold the classic syrup for a calorie-free tea or 5 calories iced coffee for any size!
· Try a sweetener substitute: request Sweet & Low®, Equal®, or Splenda® as you make your order