Holidays Around the World
Holidays Around the World
Part of many people’s holiday traditions includes enjoying Starbucks seasonal beverages served in the iconic Starbucks red cup. The beloved holiday beverages, such as Peppermint Mocha and Eggnog Latte, are a sure sign (and taste!) of the holiday season. Almost everywhere in the world where Starbucks is located you can order Peppermint Mocha, but did you know you can order an Orange Mocha in the UK while snacking on a mince pie?
Let’s share some unique Starbucks holiday beverages and treats that reflect the diverse palates of our customers globally.
Europe (UK, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Norway, Poland):
- Orange Mocha – Europeans love the classic combination of chocolate and orange, especially at Christmas, and now Starbucks customers can enjoy their classic Starbucks Cafè Mocha with a twist of orange and topped with whipped cream and swirls on mocha sauce
Winterraum, or better known as the “yule log” in English, is a moist, chocolate sponge cake with Belgian chocolate and creamy glaze for a delicious taste of Christmas in Germany’s Starbucks stores.
- Mince Pie: a UK Christmas tradition, this all-butter pastry shell is filled with mincemeat jam-packed full of sultanas, raisins and plenty of spice: coriander, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, caraway and clove.
Starbucks Chocolate Trufado Panettone and Caramelo Panettone: Panettone is a Brazilian tradition during the holiday season, just as chocolate eggs are during Easter; Panettone is the must-have holiday treat for Brazilians. Starbucks Chocolate Trufado Panettone and Caramelo Panettone are sold exclusively in Starbucks stores in Brazil and only during the holiday season. The Starbucks panettone recipe features the soft and velvety panettone dough filled with Starbucks chocolate truffle or caramel (the same chocolate truffle and caramel used in Starbucks beverages). Last year the Starbucks panettones were recognized by a local epicurean food magazine as best panettone in the market for the season.
- Floresta Negra Mocha Frappuccino blended beverage – December is summer time in Brazil, so naturally one of the best-selling holiday beverages is a Frappuccino blended beverage. The Starbucks Dark Cherry Mocha Frappuccino, known as Floresta Negra Mocha Frappuccino, is one of the most popular beverages during the holiday season. Floresta Negra, or Black Forrest cake, is a traditional dessert in Brazil and is the perfect way to cool off this holiday season.
- Mocha Avellana Frappuccino blended beverage –The seasonal holiday beverage in Argentina is the Mocha Avellana Frappuccino blended beverage, for those hot summer days. Avellana is hazelnut, which is a very popular flavor and ingredient in Argentinian cuisine.
- Ponche Navideño or Christmas Punch Tea is a traditional Mexican holiday beverage. Warm Hibiscus tea is flavored with apple, guava, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Rosca De Reyes Marmoleada is Starbucks version of the traditional Rosca de Reyes Mexican pastry. The Starbucks version is a single portion of sweet and soft pastry covered with sugar, cocoa and fig fruit.
Hojicha Beetroot Muffin – Beetroot and hints of hojicha add a unique twist to this sweet muffin.
- Peppermint Brownie Cake Pop – A returning favorite to the Starbucks petites assortment, delicious peppermint chocolate cake is mixed with butter cream icing and candy cane pieces, and is then dipped in white chocolate icing and sprinkled with candy cane bits. At just 170 calories, it’s an indulgence you can truly enjoy during the holiday.
- Cranberry Bliss Bars– This holiday classic is back! Filled with dried cranberries and topped with sweet, cream cheese frosting with hints of orange zest, grab one for a respite from holiday shopping, or a whole tray to share with friends and family.
There is one coffee that Starbucks customers in 63 countries and more than 19,000 stores around the globe can enjoy this holiday season, and that’s Starbucks Christmas/Holiday Blend.
Today Christmas Blend continues to bring bright, lively Latin American coffees together with smooth, mellow Indonesian coffees, including rare aged beans from Sumatra. The aged coffee dramatically balances the overall flavor to create luscious, sweet spice notes and pairs perfectly with the foods of the season globally. Crafting this coffee embodies the best of everything we do—sourcing, roasting, blending, exploring, perfecting and sharing. It’s one of our most cherished traditions.