Help Deliver an AIDS Free Generation on World Aids Day with Your Purchase at Starbucks
WHAT: For the sixth year, Starbucks is partnering with (RED) ™ to raise awareness and money for the fight against AIDS on World AIDS Day.
In honor of World AIDS Day 2013 (Sunday, Dec. 1), Starbucks will make a 10 cent (U.S.) donation for every handcrafted beverage sold in participating U.S. and Canada stores. Starbucks donation will go to the Global Fund to fight AIDS, where 100 percent of the money is used to help finance HIV/AIDS programs in Africa. On World AIDS Day and all season long, customers can enjoy Starbucks® seasonal beverages including:
- [New Recipe!] Gingerbread Latte – Enjoy the flavors of freshly baked gingerbread combined with espresso and steamed milk. This holiday beverage is now topped with spice-infused whipped cream prepared with cinnamon, cloves and ginger and finished with a real molasses drizzle. The new Gingerbread Latte is sure to take you on a trip down memory lane to holidays past.
- Caramel Brulée Latte – Featuring a combination of espresso and steamed milk flavored with rich caramel brulée flavored sauce and topped with whipped cream and sweet, crunchy caramel brulée topping, this beverage is a holiday show stopper.
- Peppermint Mocha – Enjoy holiday flavor in full effect with the Peppermint Mocha, a combination of espresso, steamed milk, mocha sauce and peppermint flavored syrup. Topped with a fluffy cloud of whipped cream and dark chocolate curls, this beverage is just too good to resist.
- Skinny Peppermint Mocha – Featuring a combination of espresso, steamed nonfat milk, sugar-free mocha sauce and sugar-free peppermint flavored syrup, the Skinny Peppermint Mocha provides a light twist on a sweet treat, 100 calories for a Tall (12 fl oz.) beverage. Not available blended.
- Eggnog Latte – Savor Starbucks wildly popular interpretation of holiday eggnog! Featuring a combination of espresso mixed with rich steamed eggnog, and topped with ground nutmeg, this is a perfect choice for a crisp winter morning or cozy afternoon.
Since launching our partnership with (RED)™ in December 2008, Starbucks has contributed more than $11 million to the Global Fund to help those living with HIV/AIDS. Starbucks continues to support and drive contributions to the Global Fund to help deliver an AIDS Free Generation by 2015, one of the UN’s Millennium Development Goals. To learn more, please visit www.theglobalfund.org.
WHEN: Sunday, December 1, 2013
WHERE: Participating Starbucks® company-operated and licensed stores in U.S. and Canada on Dec. 1 only.
About Starbucks Corporation
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting high-quality arabica coffee. Today, with stores around the globe, the company is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit us in our stores or online at www.starbucks.com.
(RED) was founded in 2006 by Bono and Bobby Shriver to engage businesses and people in the fight against AIDS.
(RED) partners with the world’s most iconic brands who contribute up to 50% of profits from (RED) branded goods and services to the Global Fund. (RED) Proud Partners include: Apple, Starbucks, The Coca-Cola Company, Beats by Dr. Dre, Belvedere, Claro, SAP, Telcel, and Live Nation Entertainment. (RED) Special Edition partners include: Shazam, Girl Skateboards, Mophie, FEED, Nanda Home, Bottletop, Fatboy USA, Bed Bath & Beyond, HEAD, Theory, Kidrobot, and Jonathan Adler.
To date, (RED) has generated more than $215 million for the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, to support HIV/AIDS grants in Ghana, Lesotho, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Kenya and Tanzania. 100 percent of that money goes to work on the ground – no overhead is taken. Global Fund grants that (RED) supports have impacted more than 14 million people with prevention, treatment, counseling, HIV testing and care services.
(RED) is a division of The ONE Campaign. Learn more at www.red.org.
About The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
The Global Fund is an international financing institution dedicated to attracting and disbursing resources to prevent and treat HIV and AIDS, TB and malaria. The Global Fund promotes partnerships between governments, civil society, the private sector and affected communities, the most effective way to help reach those in need. This innovative approach relies on country ownership and performance-based funding, meaning that people in countries implement their own programs based on their priorities and the Global Fund provides financing where verifiable results are achieved.
Since its creation in 2002, the Global Fund has approved funding of US$ 22.9 billion for in 140 countries. To date, programs supported by the Global Fund have provided AIDS treatment for 5.3 million people, anti-tuberculosis treatment for 11 million people and 340 million insecticide-treated nets for the prevention of malaria. The Global Fund works in close collaboration with other bilateral and multilateral organizations to supplement existing efforts in dealing with the three diseases.