On January 12, Starbucks Coffee Company (Nasdaq: SBUX) will introduce new beverage and food options in participating U.S. stores as part of the company's continued commitment to meeting the needs of its customers looking for options. Made with wholesome, high-quality ingredients that customers expect from Starbucks, the 90-calorie or less beverages and new hot Panini sandwiches are great choices for customers any time of day.
"Reducing the number of calories – even slightly – can have a great benefit over time," said Katie Thomson, MS, RD, senior nutritionist, Starbucks Coffee Company. "Saving just 100 calories a day adds up to about 10 pounds of weight loss per year. And we know cutting calories should not mean depriving customers of great taste."
"Our customers are looking for great tasting, wholesome options. The new Panini sandwiches are freshly made with high quality ingredients and are under 400 calories. We take great pride in delivering taste, nutrition and quality," said Annie Young-Scrivner, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Starbucks Coffee Company.
Sensible and Tasty Beverages
A new Vanilla Rooibos Full Leaf Tea will launch in stores next week as part of the company's transition to new Tazo® Full Leaf Teas and herbal infusions. In total, the company will introduce 10 new teas, all featuring whole tea leaves and many featuring whole botanicals and spices. All Tazo® Full Leaf Teas have zero calories and are full-flavored. Starbucks will also feature customer favorites, Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte and the Skinny Vanilla Latte, as part of the new menu. Both lattes are 90 calories for a tall (12fl. oz.).
Sandwiches Served Fresh
With the introduction of four warmed-to-order Panini sandwiches under 400 calories, Starbucks is providing more options for a satisfying and rewarding lunch. The new Panini sandwiches will be available in more than 4,200 stores with warming ovens and include:
- Chicken Santa Fe Panini: Indulge without the guilt – natural chicken breast topped with a sour cream green chili spread, bell peppers and Pepper Jack cheese on flatbread
- Roasted Tomatoes and Mozzarella Panini: Richly flavored with the tastes of Italy, this Panini boasts basil pesto, roasted tomatoes, fresh spinach and mozzarella
- Ham and Swiss Panini: The classic ham and Swiss sandwich is upgraded to a Panini on focaccia bread, with natural Black Forest ham, fresh tomato, Swiss cheese and tangy Grey Poupon® Dijon mustard
- Tuna Melt Panini: Savory and delicious, this Panini features dolphin-friendly tuna salad and Cheddar cheese on flatbread
Also on January 12 in participating U.S. Starbucks stores, customers will see a line of new snack options with 220 calories or less per serving, including:
- Annie's® Snacks: These delicious alternatives to traditional snacks are available in portion controlled sizes exclusive to Starbucks
- FoodShouldTasteGood®: Available in Multigrain and Sweet Potato, the all-natural chips are packed with quality ingredients
- KIND Bars: These all-natural bars with wholesome ingredients you can see and pronounce are the perfect grab-and-go snack
- Lucy's® Cookies: Available in Chocolate Chip, Sugar and Cinnamon, every crispy, crunchy, delicious Dr. Lucy's cookie is made with the highest quality ingredients
- Peeled Snacks®: Fruit just as nature intended – with no sugar added, available in gluten-free mango, cherry, and apple
- Peter Rabbit™ Organics: Perfect on-the-go snack for busy parents, showing kids that food can be fun and delicious
- Sahale Snacks®: Available in Pomegranate Cashew, Soledad Nut Blend and Chipotle/Ranch Almond, each snack is made with whole ingredients in their natural form
- Stretch Island Fruit Company™: Tasty fruit that can travel with you wherever you go, every original Fruit Leather is equal to half a serving of fruit
- Two Moms in the Raw: These granola mixes are made with no added oils or added sugar to be 100% delicious
Continuing its Commitment to Providing Wellness Solutions to its Customers
Creating and evolving the Starbucks Experience has been a company priority for more than 20 years, and continued steps most recently include:
- Uncompromising Standards – All of Starbucks 100 percent arabica coffee meets the company's highest standards for quality, and food is made from simple, high-quality ingredients, leaving out the artificial flavors, artificial dyes, high-fructose syrup and artificial trans fat
- Setting Nutrition "guardrails" and continuously evolving the menu – In addition to designing all of its beverages to be fully customizable, Starbucks has changed food offerings to meet customer demands for more wholesome and delicious foods, made from simpler ingredients and with less than 500 calories
- Changing to 2% Milk – By making 2% milk the standard for handcrafted beverages, Starbucks has saved 16.9 billion calories per year for customers in the U.S.
- Supporting Starbucks Partners (employees) – Starbucks has provided access to full healthcare benefits to eligible full- and part-time employees since 1988, and introduced the Thrive Wellness program to U.S. partners to empower them to make more healthful decisions
Starbucks Coffee Company provides an uplifting experience that enriches people's lives one moment, one human being, one extraordinary cup of coffee at a time. To share in the experience, visit www.starbucks.com.