Our thoughts are with the people of Hawaii as they navigate the devastating effects of wildfires burning in Hawaii, most severely on the island of Maui. Starbucks is working quickly and diligently to ensure the safety of all of our partners (employees) in affected areas and to understand the impact in the communities we serve. The Starbucks Foundation is providing a total of $150,000 in grants to nonprofit organizations providing support to those in need. This includes grants to:
- The American Red Cross on behalf of our annual $1M disaster response commitment, supporting immediate and long-term recovery needs of the community.
- Hawaii Community Foundation’s Maui Strong Fund to support immediate relief and longer-term resiliency of communities affected by the wildfires on Maui.
- The Maui Food Bank to support immediate needs for hunger relief in Maui.
- World Central Kitchen to provide meals to evacuees and emergency workers; and
- Other local nonprofit organizations providing direct support to Maui communities.
To further assist our partners and communities, Starbucks is supporting our partners (employees) in taking action to respond to this disaster by matching partner donations to nonprofits supporting the Hawai’i wildfires community response and relief efforts.
In addition to this contribution from The Starbucks Foundation, effective August 10 Starbucks will offer customers the opportunity to donate to the Red Cross directly through the point of sale in nearly 9,000 U.S. company-operated locations to assist the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from these disasters.
Starbucks Corporation will give the American Red Cross 100% of all donations collected at participating Starbucks stores in the U.S. The American Red Cross will not receive your contact information. Starbucks cannot provide a receipt for your donation at the register. Should you require a donation receipt from the American Red Cross, please call 1-800 RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to donate by phone, or give online at redcross.org. The American Red Cross name, emblem and copyrighted materials are being used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. The American Red Cross logo is a registered trademark owned by The American National Red Cross. For more information about the American Red Cross, please visit redcross.org.