Learn about the recipe that inspired the new holiday drink and how to give back at Starbucks
December is here and Starbucks is continuing the cheer with more festive moments for customers to enjoy. Starbucks for Life returns, with more than 2.7 million prizes to win. And there’s plenty more under the tree – including the sugar cookie recipe that inspired the new Starbucks holiday drink, holiday-inspired virtual backgrounds, and an opportunity to help Starbucks give back to our communities.
Starbucks for Life is back
The Starbucks for Life game returns for its seventh year. From now through Jan. 3, Starbucks Rewards members can play for the chance to win prizes ranging from free coffee and exclusive Starbucks merchandise to the grand prize of Starbucks for Life!* Other fun prizes include a Starbucks for Life limited-edition puzzle from Ravensburger®, Starbucks Rewards Stars, and local food bank donations through Feeding America.
Starbucks Rewards members can earn plays by making a qualifying purchase using the Starbucks app or Starbucks card at participating Starbucks stores in the U.S. Visit www.starbucksforlife.com for more details, or visit here to sign up for Starbucks Rewards.
Bake the sugar cookie recipe that inspired the new holiday drink
In celebration of National Cookie Day on Dec. 4, Starbucks is sharing the sugar cookie recipe that inspired the newest beverage to join the holiday menu: the Iced Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte. The recipe comes from the kitchen of Rosalyn Batingan, a member of the Starbucks beverage development team who started with a traditional spritz recipe and added hints of vanilla and almond flavor to create the perfect sugar cookie. The recipe is simple with few ingredients but packs a punch of holiday nostalgia. Learn more about Batingan and get the recipe here.
You Vote, We Give
Starbucks is continuing its commitment to strengthening communities with the “You Vote, We Give” campaign, The Starbucks Foundation will donate a cumulative $1 million to the following nonprofits: Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Direct Relief and World Central Kitchen.
Starting today, through Dec. 15 customers can cast a vote for the cause they care most about. The organization with the most votes will receive $500,000, with the second and third place runner ups receiving $300,000 and 200,000 respectively. The results will be announced on Dec. 16 – and the celebrations begin!
Show off your holiday cheer with Starbucks virtual backgrounds
No matter where you are, you can turn on the cheer with a collection of Starbucks holiday backgrounds for your next virtual gathering. Choose from this year’s red cup designs and other festive holiday backgrounds. Visit here to download.
*About Starbucks for Life
- Starbucks for Life is a sweepstakes instant win game and collect-and-win game in one. This is a game of chance and is open to Starbucks Rewards members only. It’s also a fun and easy way to bring customers a moment of holiday joy.
- From Nov. 30, 2021 to Jan. 3, 2022, for each winner of the Feeding America prize in the Starbucks for Life program, Starbucks will donate the equivalent of 5 meals ($0.50) to Feeding America®. $1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local member food banks. The maximum donation to Feeding America during Starbucks for Life is $100,000.
• Starbucks for Life is open to Starbucks Rewards members in the U.S. and Canada.
• Players must be legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), be 18 or older and members of the Starbucks Rewards™ loyalty program at the time of entry. Participating stores only.
• Starbucks partners are ineligible to play.
- “Starbucks for Life” is fulfilled as a daily credit to winner’s Account for 30 years for one (1) free food or standard menu beverage item (excluding alcoholic beverages) redeemable at participating Starbucks stores in the U.S. Food and beverage credits expire daily.