Use of the Third Place Policy
Updated August 24, 2020
Welcome to Starbucks
A safe and welcoming public space is a shared community responsibility. Consistent with Our Mission and Values, we expect everyone in our third place community to treat others with respect and dignity, free of bias and discrimination. Behaviors that make anyone feel unwelcome or unsafe have no place on our store premises. We trust our baristas to address disruptive behaviors appropriately guided by our existing policies and training.
When in our stores:
- Use our Spaces as Intended
- Sleeping, smoking, consuming alcohol, drug use or improper use of restrooms is not permitted.
- Be Considerate of Our Partners and other Customers
- Loud or unreasonable noise, or behaviors that are disruptive to others are not tolerated.
- Communicate with Respect
- Obscene, harassing, abusive language, hate speech, racial slurs, gestures or actions are unacceptable.
- Act Responsibly
- Violating any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, including any applicable public health mandate is prohibited.
Anyone not contributing to a safe and welcoming environment will be asked to change their behavior. Anyone not changing their behavior may be asked to leave the store with possible assistance from law enforcement.