Celebrating National Apprenticeship Week with Starbucks UK
Starbucks proudly offers an extensive apprenticeship program from intermediate to degree level (L2-L6), meaning partners (employees) can progress from a Barista to a Bachelor in areas such as HR, tech, marketing, and finance.
This year, Starbucks celebrated our 10-year apprenticeship anniversary, which has so far provided fee-free education, up-skilling, and clear career pathways to over 1800 UK partners, with 20% of apprenticeships going on to receive in-work promotions.
To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week 2023, we're proud to introduce you to three of our Starbucks UK partners who have taken up an apprenticeship this year. Meet Tam, Aylin, and Johanna, who give us an insight into their life at the Starbucks UK Support Centre (head office).
Johanna Pena Pilla
- Starbucks introduces apprenticeship programmes to the UK.
- Starbucks surpasses 1000 partners milestone, and commits to expanding the programme to higher and degree level apprenticeships, and level 4-6 management.
- Starbucks wins best UK Apprenticeship Programme at the Training Journal Awards and a Princess Royal Training Awards for the best youth integration programme.
- 5-year celebration! Starbucks introduces the first professional services apprenticeships within our Support Centres, offering apprenticeships in areas such as HR, tech, and finance, amongst others.
- Starbucks revamped apprenticeship programme also includes new standards/programmes alongside the introduction of the UK apprenticeship levy.
- Starbucks celebrates its first ever L4 higher level apprentices graduate.
- Starbucks named as best Macro Apprenticeship employer and a top 100 apprenticeship employer at the National Apprenticeship Service Awards.
- Starbucks surpasses 1500 starts.
- Starbucks apprenticeship programme is opened up to deaf and hard of hearing partners, which included Remit adapting their online e-learning portal to incorporate sign text, as well as introducing additional learning support resource, in the form of a specialist sign language interpreters.
- Bespoke programme introduced in Scotland in partnerships with Xtra-Mile.
- Starbucks introduce a further round of professional service apprentices, including in marketing, cyber security, learning and development, finance, and accounting.
- Starbucks celebrates its first ever degree level apprentices graduate.
- Starbucks celebrates 10 years of its apprenticeship programme.
For more information about our apprenticeship programs, please visit: https://www.starbucksemeacareers.com/en/Apprenticeships