- At Starbucks, on Wednesday 15 December, all NHS workers can order a free Tall beverage of their choice by showing their NHS identity card, available at all Starbucks stores across Great Britain.
- The offer aims to thank NHS staff for their work across the country this year, and forms part of Starbucks’ ongoing partnership with NHS Charities Together, which supports NHS staff, volunteers and patients across the UK.
Today, Starbucks announced it is offering free Tall beverages to all NHS staff, on Wednesday 15 December, to thank them for their work this year.
Available all day for one day only, NHS staff can order any handcrafted Tall beverage of their choice from Starbucks stores across Great Britain (England, Scotland, and Wales) when they show their work identity card in store.
The offer is part of an ongoing partnership between Starbucks and NHS Charities Together, which sees each Starbucks store across Great Britain paired with one of over 230 local NHS charities, to help support staff, patients, and communities across the UK. Support provided by NHS Charities Together includes counselling, helplines, and peer-to-peer support for staff, as well as projects that support the long-term recovery of the NHS, and reduce health inequalities in local communities.
Ellie Orton OBE, Chief Executive at NHS Charities Together, said, “We’re incredibly grateful for the continued support from Starbucks. Their free Tall beverage initiative and in-store fundraising enable employees and customers everywhere to show their appreciation and thanks to NHS workers and can make a vital difference. Winter is always an incredibly challenging time for the NHS – and this is one of the toughest ever – which is why ongoing public support is so important.”
Alex Rayner, general manager, Starbucks UK, said, “Starbucks is committed to strengthening the communities we serve in, and as part of our ongoing partnership with NHS Charities Together we wanted to say a huge festive thank you to the NHS staff that live and work in our communities.”
Starbucks has a long history of supporting the NHS, with ongoing activity including:
- Long-term partnership with NHSCharities Together to pair our stores with local NHS charities across the country
- Staff volunteering activities and fundraising initiatives
- Blue Light Card offering 10% to NHS staff and other frontline workers since 2018
As part of wider community support for NHS Charities Together in the run-up to Christmas, Starbucks customers are also able to donate optional sums of £3, £5, or £10 via QR codes in-store throughout December.
On 15 December, NHS workers can choose any Tall beverage from the menu, from festive favourites* and espresso-based classics to iced beverages, all made with responsibly sourced, high-quality arabica coffee. With millions of customisation options available in-store, there’s a handcrafted beverage for everyone at Starbucks.
NHS workers are also encouraged to make the change by bringing in their own reusable cup to enjoy their free Tall beverage.
Starbucks store teams continue to closely follow the latest guidance from both the government and health authorities to keep everyone safe.