As the disruption of COVID-19 continues to impact families and communities around the world, Starbucks partners across Asia are taking care of their customers and frontline workers in remarkable ways. In markets including South Korea, the Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Japan, and Malaysia partners have organized food and coffee donations to hospitals, non-profits, local police and health officials, and other frontline workers who play a crucial role in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- In South Korea, Starbucks partners delivered more than 17,000 cups of coffee to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) call center staff and donated KRW 200 million (approx. 163,700 USD) worth of VIA coffee to medical personnel in Daegu, Gyeongbuk region, the most severely impacted area in South Korea.
- In the Philippines, Starbucks partners have delivered 1,500 food crates to more than 61 organizations, including hospitals, non-profits, military personnel and police.
- In Vietnam, Starbucks partners showed their gratitude by delivering free coffee and tea to medical staff, military personnel, police, airport staff and all people working tirelessly in special response teams.
- In Thailand, partners connected with more than ten hospitals in their communities, including the Bumrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute, Siriraj hospital and Chulalongkorn hospital, to provide food for doctors and nurses. All takeaway bags featured written messages to thank the medical staff, while 3,000 pastry bags were given to Ramatipbodi Hospital to use as storage for sanitized masks.
- In Indonesia, Starbucks partners are organizing deliveries of free coffee and food to front line responders and healthcare workers.
- In Taiwan, Starbucks partners are supporting local healthcare workers by providing free cups of hot coffee to hospital staff.
- In Japan, Starbucks partners donated coffee and food to healthcare workers in Osaka, one of the earliest impacted area in Japan. With the support from Osaka Prefecture, partners delivered care packages to a around 300 medical staff at three hospitals.
- In Malaysia, Starbucks partners donated hundreds of cups of freshly brewed coffee to healthcare and frontline workers across the market.
Our partners continue to be the heartbeat of Starbucks, everywhere around the world. In this time of great upheaval, they are taking care of their communities by demonstrating the best of Starbucks Mission to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.